Monday, April 11, 2011

For Jane's Sake

Some of my friends told me that I reminded them a lot of Catherine Moreland, so I decided to read the book, Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen, after watching the movie and falling head-over-heels for Mr. Tilney. The story follows Catherine through her introduction into society in Bath. Some family friends of the Morelands (whom happen to be rather wealthy) offer to take Catherine to Bath with them as Mr. Allen is recovering in the mineral baths of Bath. She meets a very dashing young man there...Mr. Tilney...and has another man quite taken with her. Confusion and misunderstandings rule the day and after some rough patches - well, you can guess what the ending of an Austen novel is like! I really did like the book, but was kind of offended by the comparison to a rather air brained Catherine. I can't disagree that their are similarities - I do tend to be quite innocent of social graces and I could ignore the whole rest of the world for a book! I think it was a rather good novel - it entertained me while plugging away at housework!

No comments:

Post a Comment