Sunday, April 24, 2011

Rio

My family recently went to see Rio with my family. We went to the 3D showing and most of us felt a little sick, but we could goof off as much as we wanted to since we were the only ones in the theaters. The movie follows Blu, a blue macaw, how get taken from the jungle as a baby and ends up in the middle of nowhere Minnesota. He and his owner, Linda, get tracked down by a Brazilian scientist because he is the only remaining male blue macaw. Linda and Blu go to Rio to help the continuation of his species during the famous Carnival. Jewel, the female blue macaw, is very spirited and is solely focused on returning to the jungle. Blu, unable to fly and very used to the securities of pet life, struggles to keep up with Jewel whom he has fallen in love with during their kidnapping. They pick of some interesting characters on their journey - including a feisty bulldog and some strange birds. I won't give away too much more - but it ends with a lot of singing!




It was a very good movie and I would suggest going to it. I would not suggest paying the extra money (we had to pay $3 extra for the glasses that we had to recycle at the end of the movie) to see a movie in the 3D. It made just about everyone in my family sick and the 3D effects weren't all the stunning. Sometimes things moved too fast for the 3D effects to do anything more than make things blurry and hard to focus on: i.e. the birds wings in the opening and closing sequences. I kept having to close one of my eyes every once in a while so as to give my eyes a break from all the work they were having to do focusing. The one other thing I want to mention that confused me, was George Lopez speaking Spanish when he's supposed to be a Brazilian bird! He'd be speaking Portuguese if his character were correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment