Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Moon Shined :( Ugh!

So I didn't write yesterday because I was enjoying some much appreciated girl time with some of my friends from Scotland. We watched part of Jane Eyre and Letters to Juliet. We got to talking and...of course, the inevitable Taylor Swift - Love Story song comes on and it drives me batty. My friends laugh their asses off at me as I explain why songs with such gross inacuracies and poor grammar annoy me. Love Story being one of these - SHAKESPEARE DID NOT WRITE LOVE STORIES; he had three genres he stuck with: tragedy (Romeo and Juliet), histories (Henry IV), and comedies (The Merry Wives of Windsor). They argue that she was a young girl when she wrote the song and it kind of is a love story. No, no, no!!!!! If you are going to write about something and stick it out into the world - you better know what you are talking about! Come on -it annoys the hell out of me and I can't stand it. I do not know why this is really, but I have it has something to do with my anal demeanor and love of Shakespeare. I also cannot handle songs with poor grammar. I happen to like All Summer Long by Kid Rock; however, I can not stand it! I have to change the song after a bit...mainly the part where he says "the way the moonlight shined upon her hair". Really!!! Really, come on! That is such crap. Saying: shone (which is correct) sounds just as nice...actually, about a bazillion times better. I can handle slang and dropping parts of words - I can handle hangin' with the bros or swingin' by the park, but really, get your tenses correct. I guess I will just extremely anal and have to plug my ears when crap songs come on the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment